The J1 exchange visitor program is designed to promote the interchange of persons, knowledge, and skills in the fields of education, arts, and sciences. Participants include:
- Students at all academic levels
- Trainees obtaining on-the-job training with firms, institutions, and agencies
- Teachers of primary, secondary, and specialized schools
- Professors coming to teach or do research at institutions of higher learning
- Research scholars
- Professional trainees in the medical and allied fields
- International visitors coming to the U.S. to tour, observe, consult, conduct research, receive training, demonstrate specialized knowledge or skills, or participate in an organized people-to-people program
Visa Pro’s experienced immigration attorneys will prepare and file all the required documents for exchange visitors with an approved DS-2019 applying for the J1 visa.
J1 Visa Eligibility – It Is Suitable For:
- Foreign medical graduates or physicians to pursue graduate medical education or training at accredited schools of medicine or scientific institutions
- Foreign students participating in exchange programs to promote the sharing of knowledge and skills in education, arts and sciences
- Research scholars to teach, conduct research, observe or consult on research projects
- Au Pairs to live with an American host family
- Foreign nationals to pursue business and industrial training programs in the U.S.
- Professors to teach, lecture, conduct research or consult at educational institutions, museums, libraries, or similar institutions in the U.S.
- Employees of International Communication agencies
- Research assistants sponsored by the national institute of health
- Foreign nationals to serve as counsellors in U.S. summer camps
- Foreign nationals to obtain further academic qualifications or gain practical experience/training in a specific area of knowledge or expertise
- Foreign nationals who are recognized as potential leaders or experts to engage in observation tours, discussions, consultation, professional meetings, and training
- S. organizations authorized by the Department of State (DOS) to sponsor foreign nationals for training